Quest  An ink jar [klaia, any]
Home
user cp
market
compendium

lurking: 1 Guest(s)
Canine 6yo Female, Short & Thin Immigrant 56 posts 0 Honor 771 ☪ Witty
Here, in the vastness of the valley, the world seems endless- uncaged by the common boundaries of the earth. Even though the peaks of the mountains loom in the distance, beyond the trees, and the rolling hills. They do not harbor a forbidding presence, not to her, a white witch that felt the vibrations of the surrounding plants, those that began to bud from the chasm. A welcome, comforting aspect, the protruding stone, a cradle of arms to hold them. Like a Mother does her child, safety, security, she makes it home with her heart. The thrum of the beat, as they tuck away into her skin, they’ve known that sound before the fold of their ears sprang to attention atop their fuzzy heads.

This is almost like home, almost, but not quite. The terrain, laden with wreckage still, does not send her away from it immediately upon her discovery of this land. Kitt lingers in the familiarity of the basin, letting the breeze off the peaks renew her, warm her blood. Skies above, they let the wind whistle-roll against the hills, until she is tempted to aid its song- she often lent the loudest voice when it came time to praise the air. Her heart hammers, she’s been on the move, working muscles until she must rest, her right paw aching at the joint, here she waits, overlooking the plateau of something that was once an object of grandeur.

It sparked a flame in her thoughts, of how all was lost due to vanity, thirst for power. They had overdone it, she had been told, and suffered the consequences in multitudes. Over time, she had seen much of the loss herself, pieces left behind. Reminders, not so gentle, they did not receive coats of sugar from the world they destroyed.

They crossed Mother Nature herself, and she had disciplined them in turn. A firm hand, a Mother, but she does it for good, out of love. Reckitt, had never whelped herself, though she had cared closely for many new faces, in years gone by, keeping them from straying the dens too far. Instigating games to soothe their bored minds, pups do not sit still, lest they be sleeping. The memory brought a small chuckle from her powdery lips, revealing the smile of ivory behind them.
photo from unsplash-words: 386-tags: @Klaia

Equine 99yo Female, Average & Average Native 36 posts 0 Honor 698 ☪ Pyro
TELL ME SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW

Since Varga is composed of many different ecosystems it is a nature nerd’s paradise. It is also quiet and calm enough to form a study environment with no dangers nor distractions. With a forest, mountains and scrublands it allows the dark bay mare to peruse every single biome without having to walk too much. Klaia is tired of walking. She feels like she’s been on the move ever since she decided to leave home. At the thought of that word the emptiness within her seems to grow. How long has it been since she’s had a home? Well she did live with her family until recently but those last years had been odd. It had never truly been a home without her mother, she could not feel safe around those that had let her slip away so easily. In her sadness, she had come to a standstill. Shaking her head, she pushes forward. She tries to walk away from such sad thoughts.

Her eyes scour the land for something, anything, to distract and they find their target. A white wolf seems to have chosen this place to rest as well. Klaia would have almost confused her for the first wolf she met since her return to the broken lands, but this one was smaller. At first, she is unsure whether to approach or not but then the creature chuckles and smiles. Well that smile reassures the mare that this is a nice canine. Hopefully she is nice to those who are not her kind as well. She inhales deeply through her mouth and lets the air out through her nostrils. Ok, it’s go time! A few steps are taken in the stranger’s direction before she clears her throat to announce her presence. “Hi there. Enjoying the view?” While her face is frozen in a friendly smile, the equine begins running in circles on the inside. What a boring introduction! How’s the view? Could she really not think of something less original? She should have kept her mouth shut, she should have stayed alone. If only socializing was as easy to learn as the name of plants and animals. She feels so rusty, so inadequate. Maybe she should have stuck to her family, they were forced to like her. That way she couldn’t reveal how much of a dumb dumb she truly is. The only telltale sign of the chaos that brews inside her is a quick set of blinks. If only she could turn invisible.

@Reckitt

A single thought warms her, as she rests against a grassy knoll, a patchy turf that wants very much to thrive. The land is still battered, leaking proverbial blood from uncovered wounds, they’ve not all had time to form scabs. She can tell, just by being close, touching the life of nature upon which she makes her cushion. Everything seems to happen so quickly here, quickly and yet, before long, she will notice just how rapidly the years go by- phase into lifetimes.

A solitary memory finds her, how much will she remember when years turn to centuries?

It is here that she rests, allows her aching muscles some reprieve, and it is here that she meets another chapter. Another nameless face, a chestnut haired mare, a short, curved horn on her brow. Reckitt has seen nothing like her, glowing eyes growing wide as the equine approaches, but she does not disturb her recess; Reckitt does not flee the approach of what the natives considered their sworn enemy.

Kitt has no enemies, not yet, and she would not decide her acquaintance with this creature so swift and recklessly. Thus far, she’s had pleasant interactions with the long faces, they were no more destructive and cruel than the Druid herself. If they had been, once before, things had changed, she would not ridicule them for the choices of their past. Who was she to know the reasons for her actions, who was she to place judgement? They were all creatures, life and soul; she lifts her snowy head to the approach and listens with a keen ear to the pleasantries.

“Hello. Why, yes,” she nods, a small, closed mouth smile curving its way up her jawline. “I am enjoying it, it reminds me of my home.” A wag of tail, the gentle flick of a friendly acceptance, Reckitt was open to the presence of the other- she was welcome here.

“Would you like to enjoy it with me?” Offering companionship, surely the long faces did not mind company, they roamed the grasslands in herds; in the most basic of notions, comparisons, they were not so different. Two eyes, four legs, a heart within their chests.

“I’m Reckitt,” she says, so simply, turning her face back to the sun, closing her amber eyes as warmth washed over her bleached silhouette.

“What is your word for Summer friend?” There is still so much she does not know, unaccustomed to the native language for starters. She peers, side eye, to the horned woman after her inquiry, brow raised in question.
photo from unsplash-words: 436-tags: @Klaia

Her self-torturing thoughts only stop when the other creature answers her question. She…she smiles! It is a small gesture but still definitely there. So maybe she is not too bad at this whole interesting conversation started thing. The mare instantly feels more comfortable and the tension visible lifts off her sturdy body. Diving in is always the hardest part of the swim, now she can float along this interaction with ease. A smile appears on her face to mirror the stranger’s. The snowy woman then explains that the valley reminds her of her home.  “Must have been really pretty there too. I’ve never left these lands.” The information just slips past her lips before her mind can really process what it going on. Luckily for her the white wolf seems to be as friendly as she first suspected her to be.

Then something happens that turns her world upside down, inside out and then blows it up into smithereens. Would you like to enjoy it with me? Would she ever! “Of course, thank you." She dares to step a little closer and lets her weight shift around until she is comfortable. Her excitement is contained inside her body, only peeking through in the form of a wide grin. A beautiful view and a new friend, or as close to a friend as she has gotten, to enjoy it with! Today is her lucky day. She wonders how long lady luck will smile down on her, she’s known to be a fickle thing that one.

The small canine introduces herself as Reckitt. “Pleased to meet you Reckitt.” She feels the name really off her tongue and decides she quite likes it. “I’m Klaia.” Her voice is smooth as she introduces herself. Even if she hasn’t been the most social butterfly she has had to practice that part thousands of times. Mostly when her parents took her places since she hasn’t been much for meeting people on her own. Oh, what would her mother think of her? How shut to the world she has become. The rift brought changes to lands surely it could mean she could change too, become better.

Then she is asked an interesting question. So, she’s a foreigner, and that meant Klaia has knowledge she needs. Nothing quite makes the mare feel as good as knowing enough stuff to teach. And with the addition of the word friend, the horned beauty is in the clouds. “Udane is summer. Then comes Aravind, fall, Morana, winter, and finally Euthalia.” She takes care to enunciate so that her companion understands. “I prefer Aravind.”  It is still early summer, so she must still wait until the leaves begin their metamorphosis into a world of color. She can’t wait to be warm in a den watching the rain outside wash away all the scorched land’s sorrows. Her gaze turns to the wolf as if to ask silently her favorite season.

@Reckitt8

A quirked brow, as if her eyes were truly solidifying the question? They said, ‘hmmm? Im sure you know’, without saying anything at all. Eyes (fortunately) do not speak, but they can convey emotion behind the asking, offer a window to the baseline of an inquiry. Muscles beneath fur as pale as snow, orbs doused in sunshine, she was rather plain, in a world significantly extraordinary.

She loved that about this place.

“It was,” she offers simply, looking out to the endless expanse of flat land. Where the grass ran for miles, just like the wolves, all save for herself. That was another thing their kind had in common, they both knew what it was like to run- to be so utterly free. Here where streams trickled into the hollow of the valley basin, leaving the soil rich and fertile, prime farming lands. A land worth settling down in, perhaps, but the world of Ourania was unexplored in so many places for the she-wolf. What a wonderful feeling, freedom to make her own path, she hoped she was choosing the right one; the one she forged for herself.

Kitt watches as the equine accepts her offer, settling in on the knoll, settling in close, without fear. This stranger, painted with clay and mud, highlighted with white against her leg, streaked through her fiery mane. It made her heart happy, it made her eyes seem all the brighter, shining with sunny, yellow luminescence.

Klaia, the mares name comes next, and the Druid nods, closed lidded, they were well met.

“Udane,” repeating the name of summer, unfamiliar language taking her tongue, the foreign word unusual to her lips. It was not so pretty when she tried it, not the way it flowed so gracefully of the long faces tongue. “My favorite?” The question, though unspoken, was hinted without words. “Well, I was born in Spring so I suppose, what was it? Euthalia?” Another laugh, the absurdity in which her tongue and lips struggled to form the foreign language.

“I’m so sorry, I seem to be terrible with your language,” at least she was able to laugh at herself.

“What brings you to the valley today Klaia? I’ve been looking to see what I can gather that is useful, for my satchel,” she indicated the supple brown sack attached to her side.
photo from unsplash-words: 403-tags: @Klaia

Ears twitch as the snowy wolf tries out the newly learned word on her tongue. It is rough as it falls off her lips but practice should surely smooth it out in no time. Klaia had learned about the seasons when she was younger, as a foal she had been quite the question machine. Luckily for her, her parents obliged and taught her everything they knew. And what they could not she would usually investigate by herself. Even after reaching adulthood and parting ways with her old herd she had never passed on that knowledge until now. Reckitt understands the question even if it is unspoken which bring the mare a great deal of relief. Imagine if they had been left in the silence with her just staring at the canine waiting for her to get the hint. She responds to the mirrored question with a small nod. As the woman states her answer she flashes a small smile. That is the same reason why Aravind is her favorite season. There is a certain affinity that she has felt since very early on in her mind. Maybe it is the same for other creatures even if they come from outside of her native lands.

Even if the word had left the other woman’s mouth quite clumsily, her brain did not really process the significance of her until Reckitt comments on it. “Oh, don’t worry about it. You’ll pick it up quickly.” She adds a reassuring smile to her words. Maybe it would have offended another horse, some could be quite haughty and believed themselves the most special and smartest creatures in the world. Klaia is humbler, more insecure but also, she does not care about the form of words but rather the meaning behind them. Words are a way to express knowledge and exchange information with other so as long as the message is clear she does not see a problem. The subject then changes to purposes and finding things. Blue eyes stare with curiosity at the satchel. Her family had never been much about physical possession so she has never thought about having a bag. It seems quite neat. “I wanted to see how the place was fairing after the rift was made. Maybe we can find something for you.” She then raises her head to look around for something useful. A shrub stands not too far from them. Maybe there could be something there. She could also try digging into the soft soil for something. It all depends on what it is the bright yellow-eyed canine is looking for. “What exactly do you need?” She asks while stepping lightly from side to side, her body ready to explore and quest.

@Reckitt

Along her ribs, just there at her shoulder, rested her tawny knapsack. A crude contraption she had fashioned herself. It was by no means the prettiest bag, inconsistencies apparent, but with time and practice; she hoped to change that. Craftsmanship aside, it got the job done, with no holes or loose threads to lose her goodies. It held true, that was enough for her, it fit snug and didn’t rub her fur away- really, what more could she hope for?

“I should hope so, it would be very useful to be able to communicate with the natives of this land. How else shall I learn anything?” A bought of laughter, the smallest giggle and she rises from the budding patch of grass. There are stray blades of grass upon her downy coat, some green and lively, others crumbling yellow from lack of nutrients. A shake would send away the added accessories, and besides that, it felt nice to wiggle out any stiffness- so she does just that. Rolling her smaller form side to side, several clinging weeds leave her, her jowls smack from the movement, a sort of flopping sound of skin and spittle.

“Oh yes, Rift, you call it? I saw that great gaping hole, but honestly, I was too afraid to go near it.” Sheepish smile, she looks away, as if she could hide her shame. Something about the chasm was foreboding, it smelled wrong, it felt wrong. Was it cowardice to skirt the cavernous trench, or was she merely cautious, careful? Avoiding a great fall- let’s chalk that up to a win, Reckitt- 1, impending doom- 0.

“Your War took a great toll on your lands,” chewing her cheek in thought, “when I arrived, your beaches were wrought with bone.”

Reckitt didn’t like talking about the beach, so much lost life against its shores, so much wasted.

“Well, there are many things useful in the right paws- er hooves if you fancy,” there she goes, moving forward watching her step down the knoll, her walk reflecting her limp. It was not something she could hide, it came with the territory, it was just how she was made.

“Hive honey is always useful, lavender and whitelace, those might be easier. It’s not often bees making their homes low enough to reach,” looking up at the equus, it is now an idea forms. “Perhaps together, we could reach one!” There is excitement bubbling up from her pale lips, and she yips in merriment, tail wagging fiercely. What a pleasant day this had turned out to be, what a lucky friend to find.
photo from unsplash-words: 447-tags: @Klaia

Canine 9999yo Genderfluid, Tall & Bulky Native 23 posts 0 Honor 99,395 ☪ Staff

An Enchantment Orb has been discovered!

The snowy pelted canine puts an emphasis on learning too and Klaia cannot help but smile at the rhetorical question. It is good to know she is not the only nerd in this place. They could teach each other stuff, like how to make a knapsack. Her hooves could be a problem though. She watches as Reckitt rises and shakes off a few pieces of grass. Must be tough to keep such a white coat clean, she wonders how often the wolf has to wash. Her ears perk up at the mention of the Rift. “Yeah, I haven’t been too close to it either. I don’t think anyone has fully explored it yet. It’s quite…creepy.” Chills creep down her spine just thinking about it. Then the white woman begins to talk about the war and it is her turn to feel ashamed. “Yes, it was horrible.” She couldn’t bring herself to tell her new friend the truth for fear she might be rejected. As awful as the consequences were Klaia had not cared, she had been safe and she had stayed away from the fray. It is to date one of her more selfish moments and she will carry the burden for the rest of her life, whether it is endless of not.

Luckily for her the subject is changed quickly to questing for items. Excitement begins to push the sorrow out of her system. She follows the wolf down the knoll and notices the slight limp in her walk. Her mouth stays closed however as she puts a lid on her curiosity. Honey, lavender, and whitelace. She makes a mental note of it. That is when Reckitt comes up with a crazy idea, what a coincidence those are Klaia’s favorite type. “Ok so all we have to do it find a tree. There is a good number of flowers in this valley so there should be bees.” She starts walking towards the edge of the valley where the forest it. They probably will not have to walk all the way to the greenery as a stray tree will probably pop up. Talking about popping out, a strange orb appears in front of the mare. A small gasp leaves her lips. “What do you think it is?” She turns to the white wolf to ask. Unsure of the orb she notices a tree not too far off. “Look, over there!” The mare sets off in a fast trot and soon places herself under the tree. “Ready to be used as a step!” She announces but lets Reckitt decide if she wants to explore the orb more. For some reason the magical item does not call her to her like she thought it would.

@Reckitt

RESOURCE QUEST

SEEKING: Hive Honey
ATTEMPT: Climbing on Klaia's back to swat down a beehive
Reckitt
It would seem, that their friendship came so easily, when did it not for the pale woman? The demi of mist and morning, untainted. Reckitt had very few, if any, sour bones in her body- easily forging friendships whenever the opportunity arose. Though she had heard stories of the equus being capable of cruelty, violence, she didn’t see it- she would not see it so readily. She couldn’t help it, being the lowest on the totem pole, it was lonely down here if she had none to look up to. No one to uplift and support, a stump may just be a stump, but it once was the base of a mighty oak- let us not forget the importance of those below us.

How do we stand without our legs?

Kitt lets her tail wag, allows the excitement to overtake her. There was a renewed vigor in the Druid, she was overflowing with happiness, the aches of her joints forgotten. Then, she is stilled just as quickly. The Rift, that great, gaping hole, the scar of war- it made her uneasy. It’s like a poison, the ground cracked and unforgiving around the chasm, the earth’s tears, where life had once flourished. It had to have done so, once upon a time, but their thirst, it had come with a cost.

Would it have cost her as well?

“Creepy, yes. I think that is a sound word for it.” A nod, her glowing eyes closing with the movement, looking up again at the earthy mare. “I can’t imagine what that was like, but I hear much the same from those I meet.” Kitt offers a cold, wet nose to the leg, an embrace of sorts, comfort- if one can look passed the wetness and chill.

“Let us not think on it,” assuring the other that it was not necessary to let their minds sink, to fall into the darkness of what had passed and could not be changed.

Bees and trees, a change of subject, one that is welcome in this moment. She too had noticed the flowers, the budding blooms and fanned blossoms that sprung up from the grasses. Surely bees could be found, how else had the flora thrived? Bees are important- some people don’t understand that.

Klaia is much faster, covering much more ground on her long equus legs, so when the orb tumbles across their path, she is the first to spot it. “Magic,” Reckitt whispers, side stepping the purpled ball, she had already touched one and this one, it did not give her the same beckoning call as the other.

”Ready to jump,” but she takes a moment before shifting her weight to her back legs, springing upward where she teeters. Just-a-bit-more-”, Kitt trys as she might to swat the hive down, almost falling off more than once. It’s not an easy task for the silver, her bad paw becoming a hinderance, but with one final attempt- she manages to swing it loose. Swing herself as well, falling with an -oof- and a -thud- on the unforgiving earth. It would be bruised come morning, she was sure of it.

“Ow!” she yelps, but scurries to her feet, bees don’t take kindly to disturbances.
HTML by Witty-art by notedpeculiar-words: 551-tags: @Klaia

Seeking: Hive Honey. Effort: Swatting at the hive via collaborative means together.

Action: @Klaia and @Reckitt's efforts are cooperative, but Reckitt's first leap is mildly successful and the hive, swinging precariously, eventually drops to the ground with a thud. The Hive and Reckitt both land roughly, the hive splitting into two perfect halves. The bees, riled at the disturbance, begin to swarm. The honey has already begun to ooze out, but it's now protected behind a veil of rancorous bees hellbent on protecting their hive and home. Reckitt and Klaia will need to be sneaky and careful if they're to get the honey out of the hive without being stung!

Result: The hive is loose! But the honey must still be retrieved. Give it another try, and perhaps some invisibility magic is in order...

The ease does indeed come from the wolf, because only her easy-going personality manages to calm down the turmoil that lives within the self-conscious mare. Which also means that there is no certainty in this for her. As soon as Reckitt decides to turn her back on the woman, she would be lowered back into the stormy sea within her. But the equine has hope as she has never been abandoned before. She has never let herself get close to anybody before, she has never run the risk before. Her heart is still fresh with a few shallow scars. For now, she will just enjoy the white canine’s company and try not to think too much of it.

Ears swivel to catch the words that are offered to her and a weak smile appears on her face as the other woman offers a comforting touch. Honestly, she does not feel like she deserves this creature’s empathy. Luckily, she is ushered away from that topic before she can break down and admit that she is a good for nothing deserter and plead that Reckitt ends her mercilessly. The orb is described to be magic and that is not nearly enough to satiate her curiosity. If the sphere did not give her such a weird vibe she might have pushed on the subject or examine the magic more closely.

Her muscles tense as the canine hops on her back, shifting to balance the two bodies. She concentrates on staying as still as possible so that Reckitt does not fall over. Eyes look up to see if their efforts are giving fruit. Suddenly the weight is lifted off her back as the wolf falls off. Might be that bad leg she had seen earlier. Worry shines in her eyes as she turns to try and nudge the she-wolf up with her soft nose. “Are you ok?” She then looks towards the fallen hive. Bees have started to buzz around their grounded home, angered that they have been disturbed. Now what are they going to do? Going to get the honey would surely mean getting stung. Well with two of them maybe one woman could distract the insects while the other sneaks up on the hive and tries to extract the honey. A horse body is not made for stealth but her legs are made for outrunning predators. “I’ll distract them, you sneak up on the hive.” She takes a few steps towards the hive before rushing forward and tapping the yellow mass, then she starts running. Tail trails behind her as she traces a circle around Reckitt and the hive so that she does not lose the bees’ aggression. “Make it quick please!” She calls out to her companion as she runs, no stings have come yet but the angry little soldiers are getting closer.

@Reckitt

RESOURCE QUEST

SEEKING: Hive Honey
ATTEMPT: invisibility powers used to grab honey comb out of fallen hive, while Klaia distracts the majority of the swarm

Reckitt
The precariousness of her position met her with a tumble to the earth, an unforgiving -thud- as she connected with the ground. With such an effort, to back enough force into her swing, all while balancing on the back of a horse, it was an unsurprising outcome. A bad paw, meant a bad landing, she couldn’t quite get her footing back in time to save herself from an unsporting collapse. In truth, she was pleased to have knocked the hive down, that last swing, it connected and it felt good.

Back to the ground, the grass giving no cushion, may as well have been no grass at all. Her gasp can be heard, she makes no effort to hide it, and -oof- is much nicer than some unsavory words her Father had once uttered out of pain.

(She will not repeat them here.)

Klaia is kind enough to nose her up, help her to find her feet, and she is already scrambling, intent on getting away from the swarm. Bees, understandably, aren’t much into relocation, they much prefer the perch of an oak- can we blame them? The sound, it was like rocks in a cylinder, unrelenting and angry. Worse than a pack squabble, she even shut her eyes tight, as if that would plug her ears enough to dull the torment of the buzzing.

“I’m fine,” she grunts, as she rises, pacing away from the alarm. Now that they had the hive down, how were they to get to the sticky gold inside? Then she remembers, a grave of sand and bone, silent and lifeless with only the tide to mourn the loss. So much loss.

“Okay, yeah, oh wait-I’m going to try something,” there is quickness in her words, urgency and the attempt to conceal herself is fruitless. At first.

Only her rear fades from sight, the flagpole of her tail, her pale hindquarters. Everything passed her ribs, is still in plain view, and she groans in panic laced frustration.

“I can do this,” she tells herself, biting the fragile skin inside her cheek, there will be blood on her teeth. “Come on Kitt,’ chiding herself, the way her brother used to urge her in their practice runs- she always failed then too.

“No,” another reassurance, self help and all that jazz, inner monologue to the rescue. That or the memory of Lenixx, he was so good at everything, so much better than her.

Then she disappears, just like the day she chased the mouse, the same day she had lost the company of Blodreina. Hurry, she must hurry for sure, so she does, just as fast as she can. Pacing up to the fallen hive, going passed the fury of the swarm, reaching her paw in to tug away a few combs- whatever she can grab. Her mouth would find her prize, then she would leave the proximity, and hopefully Klaia would too. It is lucky horses are so fast.

“I think I’ve got something!” Bees touch her, though they do not see her, some even react with a sharp sting to her closeness. Thankfully, Reckitt is not allergic to bees.
HTML by Witty-art by notedpeculiar-words: 536-tags: @Klaia

Action: @Klaia's distraction and @Reckitt's magical ingenuity proves successful! Reckitt has collected two large combs of hive honey in her jaws. Mmm... tasty!

Result: They've found Two (2) Hive Honey!

Items will be distributed shortly.

She runs like the wind. It is fulfilling to finally have some purpose, to feel as if she’s finally putting this elegant equine body to good use. Her legs move smoothly under her and her nostrils flare as her lungs reach for more oxygen to keep her going. Blue orbs find their way to the white wolf to see how she is doing. Reckitt’s words are lost in the wind that rushes past her ears so when the canine just stands there worry curls around her stomach. But that does not compare to the way she feels when the snowy she-wolf’s behind disappears. If she had not been running for her life se might have stopped to gawk but the bees buzz loudly to remind her that they are still there. She looks forward and pushes on to create a bigger gap between her and swarm, when she turns back to look for her companion she had disappeared completely. Oh gods. How is she going to find her now? Is she going to be stuck in an endless cycle of running away from the bees for the rest of the day? Then she hears the call further away and spots a piece of honeycomb flying through the air. Well last time she checked honey does not float so that must be Reckitt!

The mare follows the voice away from the fallen hive. She runs until the last bee is off her trail always keeping her marker in her line of sight and then approaches the floating honeycomb. Now that the adrenaline is subsided she starts to feel a few stings that the bees managed to place on her. A small welt appears on the side of her rump but she ignores the discomfort for now. “We make a pretty good team.” She says, not really sure where to look at in the space that she estimates is the invisible wolf. “Have,” Her voice cuts off mid-sentence and she has to cough. “Have you always been able to do…this?” She waves a hoof around to indicate the general area. Yes, she has heard about magic and those who used to wield it but she had never run in those circles, much less presences magic. Her heard had been all about being natural and using the earth as their sustenance, they had no time for that fancy gimmicky stuff as her father used to call it. Secretly, Klaia has always wanted to learn more about magic and maybe even earn some one day. That dream however had died with her mother. She knows she is nothing special, she is just an ordinary mare with nothing to offer but what lies in her brain. Learning this about Reckitt makes her a little cautious of the white canine but she tries not to let that seep through her skin and to the surface. All she wards is a small smile. A little strained, but probably only noticeable by those who had seen her in true comfort.

@Reckitt

Reckitt
How awkward it is, to hold such an amount of sticky honeycomb in ones mouth, it’s amber ooze dripping down her lips. Somehow, by luck, she had snatched away two large chunks, swiftly snatching them up in her jaws. Then she was skirting away, moving as quickly as her bad paw would allow her, Reckitt was able to run, just not exactly well, or fast on any account of a wolf. Fast enough to get away from the angry buzz of bees, they had already stung her twice, she could feel the skin welting and smarting as she fled.

Twisting her silver head, she looks back once or twice, finding the larger shape of Klaia sprinting away from the angry drones, she was so much faster.

When enough distance had been gained, the alarm fading into a more tolerable hum, she stopped, dropping their prize to the earth. All Reckitt needed now, was to catch her breath, panting quite loud as the red silhouette of her friend approached. From what she could see, the clay colored equine was whole and well, so she yipped happily at their reunion. A yip, and her front half blinked back into the visual spectrum, just as far as her withers. A fluffy head and starch white legs greeted the horned mare, head shaking ‘no’ at the question.

“No, not ever. Those orb things,” she looked back in the direction from whence the purple ball came, it was nowhere in sight. “If you touch them, they change you,” she was whispering now, why she doesn’t know, as if the Magic was a secret; the was Blodreina had spoke of it, she wasn’t sure how loud she should be boasting of the discovery.

“Good thing though don’t you think?” Scooting one of the chunks of honey towards the other, team effort required a team reward. “One for you, one for me,” then she sits, shifting her weight to her haunches and those to find the light of the sun again.

“I havn’t figured out how to turn it on and off on just yet, not very well anyways,” for now, that doesn’t matter, the sun was up, the hive was down, and they both had a little chunk of sweetness to create with.

“We should stick together, you and me, if you want,” the length of her tail wags, her bright gleam of her eyes float up to look at the woman. Horses were not so bad, in fact, so far they had been nothing but helpful.
HTML by Witty-art by notedpeculiar-words: 433-tags: @Klaia

She watches the precious honeycomb fall to the ground and the first thought that pops into her head is that she has no way to find Reckitt now. Throwing random things until one of them hit did not seem like a good idea if she wanted the snowy canine to remain her friend. Then she hears a yip in front of her and sighs in relief. Good to know she had not followed another invisible creature away from the bees. Suddenly Reckitt’s front half appears before her. With a mischievous grin she teases, “I think you forgot your rump at the hive.” It’s a bit of a corny joke but she cannot resist the opportunity. Ears swivel to hear the half-visible maiden’s explanation. Her eyes also search for the orb again, this time with newfound curiosity. Change you? Could an orb turn Klaia into the refined and divinely bred equine she was meant to be? Or could it transform her into an irresponsible hippie like her parents?

She gets passed a piece of honey and says, “Thank you.” Her mind however is still stuck on the orb thing however. It sounds scary but exciting, the perfect thing to spice up her life in an unexpected way. Although it seems to come with a big of a learning curve as Reckitt explains. With a reassuring smile she compliments the magical wolf, “Well what you did with the bees was really clever so I think you’re getting better.” There had been a certain lack of magic in the lands since the rift but she had never felt it directing. It had been more of a sensation, a weight that had settled on the chest of all of the citizens. Now she does pay attention to her sweet prize. She does not have a bag to carry her honey comb in but she’ll make do with what she has. Lowering her head, she impales the piece of honey with her horn. Now she is wearing a kabob and it is quite the fashion statement. At the next words that are spoken by the snowy canine her heart nearly explodes. “Really?” No one has ever wanted to stick together with her other than her family. The loneliness that had been clinging on to her like dew on her coat lifts as she nods vigorously. “I’d love that.” Her voice is saturated with emotion and the smile that she now wears is bigger than it’s ever been. The honey starts to drip off her horn unto her nose and break the special moment. “Oops, let’s go look for somewhere to stash our treasures.” She turns and flicks her tail in a gesture that indicates for the wolf to follow, she keeps her pace slow so as to not cause Reckitt to strain her bad leg. What new adventures await them? Klaia cannot wait to find out.

EXIT

@Reckitt

JUMP: