Completed  Livin' On A Prayer
Home
user cp
market
compendium

lurking: 1 Guest(s)
Canine 4yo Female, Short & Thin Immigrant 16 posts 0 Honor 134 ☪ Calico
The small wolf had, apparently, stumbled into an area that was rather unforgiving and just unusually unfriendly, she felt. In all honesty, she was sorely tempted to turn around and go back the way she'd come, hoping to find her way back to her original lands. However, the spark of curiosity that had often gotten her into weird situations before was still in her mind and she padded forwards with a determination, even as she stepped over rocky paths and frowned at the moss that seemed so angry looking that she couldn't touch with magic at all. In fact, none of her previous magic worked, and Syrinx wanted to know why. 

"Although, at least I'm still sparkly." Syrinx thought to herself as she passed through one of the foggy areas that made it readily apparent that her silvery-white markings still gave off a small light. That at least, pleased her, even while bits of red dust had started to accumulate on her silky long fur, including her overly long tail, causing her to look a mess. "I need to find some water and wash all of this off." Was another running thought in her mind as she continued moving forwards, not seeing any indication of water in sight. This was starting to get annoying, even the fog she passed through seemed to give off a prickly unwelcome vibe that made her skin crawl. In fact, it was the very reason she wasn't flying instead, it seemed that this very area just made her wings ache. 

Finally, she ascended to the top of a small ridge and was able to look out over a bit of a distance. Far, far in the distance, she was able to see that eventually, this rocky, unpleasant land would change to something more akin to fields and forests she might be used to. However, it was still a bit of a hike. With a sigh, the small wolf briefly and sparingly used her wings to aid her descent and then continued onwards, hoping she'd at least find another soul to speak to at some point. A native, surely, would know something about these lands that she didn't. 

@Corrdelia

Canine 100yo Female, Short & Thin Native 21 posts 0 Honor 0 ☪ Layla
Part of her regretted making the trek out here, but Corrdelia had decided to travel back down south along the other side of the Rift. She had finished her travels in the north for now and she quickly learned that the areas here were not so forgiving. There were a few times the wind had almost taken off with Hāsta and the bird had been freaking out for the last twenty minutes that this had been a bad idea. Then again, it was hard to think of a time when her friend was not complaining.

"You should've left me back home, I would've been fine… unlike here where I've almost plummeted to my death!"
"Shut up, you old bird! In case you don't remember, we don't exactly have a home anymore. You're stuck with me now while we go around and do things the hard way."

She could hear the crow groan in response, or at least in its own bird-like way, but Corr ignored her. She had the bird secured on her head again while they made their way on across the slopes, and it was ultimately the best place. There was no way she could carry her in her mouth the entire way down, so Hāsta would just have to tough it out and get over herself.

Another strong wind gust came through, pushing the crow witch to the side a bit and she heard the bird let out another freaked out caw. Corr had ensured the bird was safe, however, so she wasn't very worried about that. What did concern her a bit was all the fog rolling in and making it hard to see. The last thing she needed was to take the wrong turn and end up falling down the Rift. Ha! What a sight that would be.

When the wind dissipated, the she-wolf slowly continued forward, squinting her eyes to try and keep out the debris floating around in the air. Corr could feel her coat becoming a bit dirty, but she could deal with that later. There was no way to avoid getting messy while traveling, it was just the way of things.

Suddenly, in the corner of her eye, she noticed another wolf flying up ahead. They were much smaller than her and their fur was a brilliant blue color. It actually looked like their wings were sparkling, but maybe that was also from all the crap flying around.

"Hey! You there! You might want to be careful flying around this place, you might get hurt!" she called up to them, hoping they wouldn't continue flying. With the next gust of wind, it'd probably take them far, far away and who knows where. If the wind was pushing Corr over, it would certainly do some damage to this petite one.

"Where are you headed? Maybe we can travel there together!"

"Speaking."
Art by Fiirewolf ; Table by Layla

@Syrinx

have we begun to drift away?
have we learned from our mistakes?
who will be the one to save our destiny?

There was, in fact, a great gust of wind that happened just then, even as Syrinx noticed that she was being called out to, and the little butterfly winged wolf got blown off course. Fortunately, she had been nearish the side of the ridge that she had just left and the gust of wind simply slammed her small body against the rock, an alarmed noise coming from her muzzle as it happened. Then, she landed on the ground and frowned, shaking her entire body, with the red dust flying off of her in a cloud. Her tail flicked in irritation behind her as she did so, the long silky furs catching on some nearby rocks.  

“This place is just mean!” Syrinx barked with a frown, looking back to gently pull her tail fur from being wrapped around the jagged stone. With a huff, she turned forwards, her searching gaze settling on the wolf whom had appeared and in an entire change of demeanor she smiled brightly. “Hello! Hey, do you live here?  I'm Syrinx! I honestly don't even know where I am right now, so maybe you could help me out? I'm from a place called . . . the Hollow, have you heard of it? Not quite sure how far I from there, actually.”

Her words finally came to a slow halt as she started to feel awkward about spouting off so many things. She noticed that this wolf looked remarkably large in consideration to other wolves she had been used to. In fact, as she looked between this new female and herself, she also realized that while she was still quite small, comparatively, she felt like she was still a bit larger than she had been. In fact, the terrain didn't look quite as high and towering as it had used to be either, now that she had stopped a moment to truly look around and compare things. What was this place she had wandered into?

"Speaking."
Art by Wolflich ; Table by Layla

@Corrdelia

Unfortunately, it seemed Corrdelia had been too late in her warning as the small winged wolf got thrown by a gust of wind and slammed into the ridge. The crow witch bounded forward to meet the girl on the ground where she huffed and exclaimed the place was mean. Well, she wasn't wrong.

Before she could ask if she was okay, the girl completely changed and became excited to meet her, introducing herself as Syrinx. Apparently, she wasn't from this area but somewhere called the Hollow. At the mention of the word and being asked if she had heard of it, Corr tilted her head and went into deep thought. Oddly, the place did sound familiar, but she wasn't sure why or how...

"That sounds like somewhere I may have heard of, but I can't say I know for sure, sorry!" she finally replied, taking a closer look at Syrinx. The poor thing looked terrible being covered in dirt and just seemed down overall. She must've gotten lost somehow and ended up in Ourania, but judging from how she looked, she was likely very far away from home. The crow witch had never ventured out of these lands, but she imagined it was near impossible once you made your way in.

"I'm afraid you may be stuck here, but not to worry! I can show you around. You're in Ourania and, well, it's not quite the way it used to be, but we still get by. I'm hoping we can bring it back to its former glory! Well… maybe once the equines decide to get on the same page. Eh, it's all really a work in progress, but you'll see! There are much better places than this dusty dump."

"Yeah, way to sell it."
"Oh hush, you old bird, it's the truth!" she yelled, her eyes immediately looking up to where she knew Hāsta was settled, although she couldn't see her at that angle. Then, she looked back at Syrinx. "Don't mind this one up here, she's never happy."

The girl did seem very anxious and it made Corr frown. If only there was more she could do to help, but her former magic was gone and she'd have to cheer others up the hard way. "Don't worry, Syrinx, you're safe with me! If you follow me, we can head out of this place and we can get us something to eat. Say, why don't you tell me more about the Hollow while we walk?"

"Speaking."

@Syrinx

Syrinx honestly did not know exactly how far she'd come, however, the fact that this wolf might have heard of the Hollow, but perhaps not really made her think that she had come a good far distance. Well, she supposed that meant she'd have to stay here at least for a while until she could maybe figure out a way back. However, this wolf seemed somewhat helpful, having called out to her and come up to seemingly look he over and answer her questions, so perhaps it wouldn't be so bad! Now that she was looking more straight on at the other, it seemed too, that there was some strange bird-like stuffed thing atop her head. Maybe that was a sign that she was someone important!

So this place was called Ourania? Well, that certainly didn't ring any bells at all for the smaller wolf, and she instead looked around and nodded agreement that there were surely better places than this. For sure, from her formerly high position she had noted some trees, off in the distance, so maybe she would get to go there instead of being stuck here. “Oh good, because I'd really like to not be in this particular area much longer. It feels weird, and I rather don't like it. And well, I bet I could help restore it to whatever maybe! I'm pretty good at helping. Or, rather, I guess I was better when I had magic. I lost that somehow too.”

Thinking of the very idea of not having magic any longer made her frown a bit, however, the wolf suddenly yelled something and Syrinx blinked to look around a bit. However, it somehow appeared that the other female had been talking about . . . the bird on her head? Weird. Maybe she was some sort of important being, and had some sort of special power or a god or something. Hm. So she nodded, accepting the other's reassurance and beamed happily when she was invited to go along with her.

"Oh, I'd like that! I was hoping to find someone that knew of this area, I think I'd get hopelessly turned around forever and I'd really like to not be in this place with all this dirt and rocks." She made another face at the rocks before making to follow this wolf wherever she would go. "I'd be happy to tell you about the Hollow.. It was a lot different than this, there were really two sections of the lands, one was super small, and enclosed in this protected area. Then, outside of it were forests and rocks and such but a lot bigger, like the ones here! The protected land was called the Hollow. It had forests and grasslands and water and such but maybe a quarter of the size of this stuff here maybe?" In truth, she really couldn't grasp the correct manner in which to talk about it, since she'd been out of it for a time and then had gotten lost and brought here. Maybe it was something to do with losing her magic.

Then, she suddenly grinned at her companion. "Oh, hey what am I supposed to call you anyhow?" That was important, and she hoped it was ok that she asked.

"Speaking."

@Corrdelia

It made Corrdelia happy to hear that Syrinx was interested in helping heal the land, even though she was a stranger to it. They would need all the help they could get, especially when it was unclear of where everyone stood since the war.

"Sure! We'll recruit ya. It'll likely take a while, but it's all for a good cause."

At the mention of losing magic, Corr's ears perked up and she tilted her head. How interesting… somehow even those who ventured into the lands from the outside were losing their connection with magic. Apparently the universe was more unforgiving than she originally thought.

"Mmm yes, there was a terrible war - canines against equines. It ended terribly, causing the world to split in two and all magic to disappear. The gods must've shattered the leylines or something if even you are effected by it. Sorry about that," she said, placing a paw on Syrinx's shoulder. "What sort of magic did you have?"

Just like that, the girl's eyes lit up again as she spoke about the Hollow. She seemed very fond of her old home and Corr felt bad that she was so far from it. Since she had never tried to leave Ourania, it was unclear if one would even have the ability to do so. Though the idea of a miniature land was intriguing.

"Maybe that's why you haven't been able to get back? You're not able to shrink back down to size?"

Then at Syrinx's last question, Corr realized she had missed a very important piece of information and she couldn't help but burst into laughter. "Oh wow! Silly me. How could I forget to introduce myself? Sorry - scatterbrained! My name is Corrdelia, but you can call me Corr for short," she replied with a bow, then gestured to Hāsta on her head. "And this old bird is Hāsta. She can be quite rude sometimes, so don't pay her any mind. I'll put her in her place!"

"Yeah, like I have a choice."

The woman laughed, although Syrinx would not know what she was laughing at. "See! She can be so amusing when she's annoyed."

Her mind wandered back to magic and it was like a lightbulb had gone off. "You know, I have heard that some have been able to restore their magic. When all magic was stripped from us, it didn't completely go away, just merely split into pieces and was scattered across the land. I've heard that you just have to find those pieces and it can restore your magic. Maybe we can find a piece for the both of us! I certainly wouldn't mind having my own magic back."

It was true, magical orbs sometimes appeared to those who were worthy. She had yet to encounter one herself, but she knew of the rumors. One could only hope that the balance could be restored, both with the land itself and their magic. It would surely be hard to heal the world without some special magical properties.

"Speaking."

@Syrinx whoops, Corr talks a lot

The idea that there had been a terrible war of sorts made Syrinx frown a bit in thought. Why would wolves and horses have to go to war with one another? She honestly had only ever been involved in any sort of strife when her pack had long ago been challenged for the land they had claimed. Those had been dark monster creatures though, and it had been much easier to see their malicious intent.  This fight though had apparently caused all the magic to disappear however and clearly affected any that walked into the lands as well, such as Syrinx.   “I'd like to figure out how to make the magic come back here! I miss mine already, I could manipulate air, grow plants and even cause light to appear if I wanted!”

The smaller wolf nodded at the idea of perhaps that was why she hadn't been able to go back. Well, it certainly was one thing to consider. Then, she finally introduced herself as well as the . . . bird on top of her head? Was it really a real thing? Syrinx looked at it again and wasn't at all sure she saw it move, but again, it seemed Corrdelia talked to it so she figured that there was certainly something special about it then. Perhaps it had retained some magic power and served as a guide to the other?

"Well it's nice to meet you both then." It seemed like this Corrdelia was a nice wolf so she wasn't going to question her too much. After all, Syrinx never really had ever passed hard judgment on other wolves for doing strange things so long as they weren't harming themselves or others. She did agree about finding the bits of magic, nodding happily. "I'd love to help you find some of your own magic, and maybe I can find some too. It would be great to be able to have at least a little magic. I miss it, I don't ever remember not having any. What did yours used to be?"

"Speaking."

@Corrdelia

When the girl described her magic, Corr's silver eyes lit up.

"Me too! Well, not the air part, but with plants and light. It was beautiful…" she trailed off, her mind getting caught up in the nostalgia. What wonderful times they were.

Syrinx seemed very eager to help restore their magic and it made Corr's heart swell. So rare was it to find a good soul in the lands these days.

"Ah, but it won't be easy. The pieces don't show themselves often. I haven't quite figured out if there's a certain trick to it, or if it's simply whoever the universe deems worthy. We can certainly try though!" she declared, trying to remain more optimistic. They at least had good intentions so why wouldn't they be worthy?

The girl asked what sort of magic Corr had exactly and she felt nostalgic again.

"Well, like you I could manipulate plant life and light. My real talent though was with the mind. I could sense the emotions of others and help them heal in an even deeper way than just what I could heal physically. It was the best gift I ever had… and made my job as a shaman more of a breeze." Everything did seem much quieter and more difficult without that extra sense. It was probably the part she missed most.

"Now I need to do things the hard way, but I suppose I don't mind too much. It brings me back to my roots and reminds me I can't solely rely on my magic. Plus it's fun to experiment with different potions and such. I still have yet to perfect the one for breathing underwater though…"

It was said that with the right ingredients, one could consume the concoction and be able to breathe under any sort of water. Corr wasn't sure what she'd possibly do with it as she wasn't the best swimmer, but it would be an accomplishment. Finding the ingredients for it was not an easy feat.

"Maybe I could show you a thing or two, if you're interested? We'd just need to find some supplies first."

"Speaking."

@Syrinx

Canine 9999yo Genderfluid, Tall & Bulky Native 23 posts 0 Honor 99,395 ☪ Staff

An Illusion Orb has been discovered!

The smaller wolf could tell that Corrdelia was reminiscing about her own magic even as Syrinx recalled hers. It was a pity that the both of them couldn't just wish the magic into effect. Why did it have to be so hard to reclaim things like that? It was silly that they'd gone in the first place to be honest.  Listening to Corrdelia talk about her talents, she smiled happily, nodding.  That did sound like a good magic, in fact, it would have gone well with her own former talent of healing.

“Aw, see that would have been cool, because I used to also be able to magically help heal physical injuries that wolves had. It wasn't my strongest skill but if we could get your magic mind healing and my magic physical healing together I bet we could do all sorts of good things in the world! Although without magic I guess, it would be good to learn some other skills. I would be glad to learn from you.” She concluded with a happy nod, looking forward to being able to actually pick up something useful that didn't require magic.

She didn't stop thinking about it, however, and even as they kept walking, she looked around avidly, wondering what one would see if they found magic. Maybe it just took a wolf to look really hard, and they would find it. Then, she saw something and blinked a few times before looking up at Corrdelia in surprise. "Is it colored?! Maybe like, floating around? I think I see some!" Then, without much more explanation, she ran forward towards the hovering ball of glowing pinkish light that had suddenly made itself visible before the two wolves. Syrinx literally leapt up into the sky a bit, using her wings to help give her a small boost, to nudge it with her nose, hoping it was what it seemed like. A tingle when she did throughout her entire body, made her blink and shake her head she settled herself down again nearby. "How do I know if it's done anything? If that's even what it is, but it looks like it must be, because what else would be floating around like that besides magic?" It made factual sense to her mind, and she hoped Corrdelia thought so too, because it would be cool!

"Speaking."

@Corrdelia

Power Name:Veil
Slot: Tertiary
Description: This magic causes the user to become unable to be viewed by normal sight. Specifically, a veil of magic is draped over the subject, as well as anything they are carrying or wearing and they are unable to be seen by normal means. Magical manners of seeing or detecting magic in use will find this veil's outline and know where the magic user is located. This veil lasts for as long as the subject concentrates on it (up to an hour). If any item that is worn or carried is dropped or placed away from the immediate contact, it will immediately become visible.

Magic Accepted!

@Syrinx, your magic application for 'VEIL' has been approved! You may now select an icon from the Icon Selection and add it to your character profile. Please also make sure your new magic description is listed under the 'Aura Magic' section of the profiles.

Combining their healing powers was a fascinating concept and not one that Corr had ever considered before. Of course, it would be some time before they could do it as they were both magic-less, but it was certainly something to think about. At the least, it made her excited to hear that Syrinx was interested in learning from her. It had been a long time since Corr had a mentee and she missed being a mentor.

"Excellent! Well, we can start with the basics and go from there, see how you feel about it all. We don't have to rush anything of course, we-" Her rambling was cut off by Syrinx's discovery of something. It was a floating colorful thing? Wait…

"Better be quick," she heard Hāsta mutter.

Lo and behold, the girl had discovered one of the very magic orbs they had just been talking about. She ran towards it and it was such a strange hovering ball of light. Corr didn't know how else to describe it other than ancient, there was just something old about the energy. This had to be it, this had to be some of the magical essence that was scattered across the land.

Syrinx flew up to it, her eyes lighting up with curiosity. She asked how you knew if it did anything and, for once, Corr didn't know the answer. For a moment she was caught in its beauty, watching as it floated down towards the crow witch after being around the girl. She felt a small tingling feeling when it brushed up against her fur and there was almost a warming sensation.

"My guess is you use your intuition. Magic is a tricky thing… I'm sure it's even trickier as a magic shard. Perhaps we'll find out in time?"

"Or you'll find out the hard way and wake up with extra limbs."
Corr looked up at the crow, an annoyed expression on her face. "No, no, no, we won't wake up with extra limbs. That's not how this works!"
"How do you know? This is the first orb you've found."
"I… I just know okay! That wouldn't make any sense."

She rolled her eyes and looked back down at Syrinx. "Don't listen to her, we won't grow extra limbs from this. I don't know how quickly it works, but I think we'll find out soon enough! Maybe we'll get that healing we were talking about?"

"Speaking."

@Syrinx

Power Name: Dream Trance
Slot: Tertiary
Description: Upon meditating and making physical contact with the recipient, Corr can send a message to others in the form of a dream or take a peek into their dream if they're already asleep. She enters a trance and appears in the intended recipient's dream either to deliver a message or be almost a "fly on the wall". If she or the recipient are at all disturbed, it will end the trance and break the spell. Corr is unaware of her surroundings or the activities around her while in the trance. She is also defenseless, both physically and mentally. The longer the trance goes on, the more vulnerable and weak Corr can be and the more at risk the recipient becomes as well. Because of this, it's best if the trance is kept short, no matter how tempting it might be to stay.

Magic Accepted!

@Corrdelia, your magic application for 'DREAM TRANCE' has been approved! You may now select an icon from the Icon Selection and add it to your character profile. Please also make sure your new magic description is listed under the 'Aura Magic' section of the profiles.

She couldn’t quit looking up at the glowing orb and noticed that even as she spoke about it, it seemed to move and float near Corrdelia as well. It absolutely had to be the magic! The last time she’d encountered any sort of magic just well . . . out and about in the world, it had looked sort of similar! 

However, then the other female spoke some wise words and she grinned, nodding to the idea.  "Huh. I guess I can think about how it might work. Not sure I’ll be able to know, though, unless I just really concentrate on finding magic. It felt tingly when I touched it so maybe I need to see if that feeling s anywhere else!” The small wolf emoted as she nodded, figuring she’d try to attempt something. It wasn’t as if she hadn’t had magic before, so maybe it would be something similar to what she’d already had.

However, she giggled a bit as Corrdelia mentioned extra limbs, seeming to talk to herself, or rather, up towards the bird on her head again.  Syrinx nodded, understanding what Corrdelia meant. ”Yeah magic isn’t generally that wacky. At least when I had found magic in my old lands it wasn’t, it was just fine, and nothing too weird.“  So, the small wolf got a look of concentration on her face as she tried toes if she could access any magic now. It did feel like something had changed inside, but she wasn’t sure what. It certainly didn’t feel like a magic she’d had before so she found the core of what the feeling was and sort of nudged it a bit, concentrating on the feeling.

To Syrinx, nothing happened, nothing that she saw. However, her companion would suddenly notice that her head disappeared. Like, just entirely, part of her neck too, and it really was just a winged torso with legs dancing about on the ground. When she opened her eyes, she didn’t see anything abnormal and tried to ask Corrdelia. ”Did anything happen? I can’t see anything different.“ Unfortunately, not really having a good grasp, even though she felt that she was quite clearly speaking loudly in an excited manner, it was but an incredibly distant, nearly incoherent whisper of tiny sound that came from the ‘headless’ Syrinx.

@Corrdelia

Corrdelia nodded with Syrinx who spoke of concentration as that seemed to make the most sense. Really, she had no idea how this all worked anymore as she had been born with magic many, many years ago. Truthfully, she didn't remember how it felt when she was a youngster. Maybe it was this same tingly feeling they had felt just now with the orb? Or there was more involved than that. In general it took a lot of patience and practice, so that would likely be the case here.

At least the girl also disagreed with Hāsta's crazy claim. The bird didn't know how magic worked even when it was more prevalent, she was just a bird that liked to freak out over nothing. There was no reason this magic should be dangerous or self-harming.

Although, in the next few moments, Corrdelia thought twice about that. Right before her eyes, the head of her newfound friend disappeared suddenly. It made the woman let out a very loud scream of both surprise and panic.

"I told you!" Hāsta yelled above her.

Very faintly, she could hear Syrinx's voice but it almost sounded like it was far away and Corr had to strain to hear her. She struggled to respond, still in shock about what was happening.

"Syrinx! Your… your head! It's gone!" Corr kept blinking in an attempt to see if that would make this any better. "Did you- no, you must still be alive, you're standing up. And… you can still see me? But I don't… understand?"

The woman lifted her paws to try and search for Syrinx's head in the air above her torso. Accidentally, she used a little too much force and came in contact with something that felt like fur. When Corr realized that she had literally slapped her friend in the face, she stepped back immediately.

"Oh great stars! Did I just- are you alright my dear? I am so sorry!"

"Oh for the love of Gaia…"
"No, nope! I do not need your commentary, bird. This is a serious matter! Unless you have a good idea about fixing this?" she asked the crow, frantic.
"Oh, no, I'm just a bird. What would I know? I didn't just warn you or anything that something would happen…"

Corr grumbled, feeling tempted to leave the bird behind and run off to find help. Then again, she was the healer here so she was more qualified than whoever she could find lumbering about. But what to do?

"Can you... I don't know, wish this away? Maybe we need a spell?" She was at a complete loss (for once).

"Speaking."

@Syrinx LMAO Corr is having a slight panic attack

Syrinx had no idea what the scream was about. Looking around rapidly, she saw nothing else coming towards them, and then she looked back at her friend, concerned. However, Corrdelia was already seeming to continue to panic, as she told the small wolf her head was gone. Gone? “No, I'm still here, nothing happened, I certainly don't feel anything! It's ok!” She rapidly tried to console her, moving closer, and looking down at herself. She could still see her body and her legs, of course, so she had no idea what Corrdelia was on about. Raising her paw up to her own face, she felt that it was still there and it didn't really feel much weirder than normal. Although, maybe a bit tingly. . .

However, she did not get much more time to think about that when suddenly, a large paw came towards her face, connecting with her muzzle and causing her to yelp. "Hey! Oh, wait! Wait you can't see that I'm still here? You mean, am I invisible? At least that part? Oh! How do I turn it off?" The small wolf immediately barked, even while her face stung, it made her realize that if Corrdelia really hadn't known exactly where she was, well, that would explain a LOT. And then she started yelling at the inanimate bird again, so Syrinx figured she had to think about this fast.

How would one become visible again once they became invisible? Although she did wonder as to why only her head had been affected, she had to push that aside, for the butterfly winged wolf did not want her friend to continue to be upset, and she clearly, though having settled down a bit, was still grumbling and the stationary bird atop her head was clearly not helping her. Maybe it's not such a magical sort of thing after all? She shoved that out of her mind as she tried to concentrate again, maybe she could just wish herself back to being visible . . .

Then with a strange sort of muted popping noise, her head came back into visible sight, and she felt a strange exhaustion pass over her as if she'd just flown a really far way without taking a break. Sitting down on her haunches, she blinked and shook her now visible again head, but she needed confirmation, for even while the mild tingling had stopped, she still wasn't at all sure she was wholly back to normal. "Am I back? Whew, I feel really tired! I don't know exactly what I did there, I guess I can figure out how to make myself invisible? Is that what pink magic does? You touched it too, maybe you should try." She grinned at her, feeling like this had been an accomplishment. After all, they had found the magic! That meant there was surely more magic to find!

"Speaking."

@Corrdelia

When Syrinx responded, Corrdelia could barely hear her again. It didn't make much sense, so her magic must've been malfunctioning somehow. It sounded like she was asking how to turn it off and, unfortunately Corr had no idea.

"Can you… concentrate real hard maybe? Wish it away or something?" she suggested, feeling helpless. If only she knew more about how this worked but it seemed the magic of the land was acting much different now.

Corr began pacing, trying to brainstorm some more ideas to help Syrinx. Thankfully, it was only a few more moments before she noticed that her head had finally re-appeared. The woman had to blink a few times just to make sure she wasn't imagining it.

"Yes, I can see you again!" she replied excitedly. Then her expression became curious and befuddled. "Wait, what did you do?" She circled Syrinx, still completely and utterly confused about what happened.

"You're likely exhausted because it's new magic to you and you exerted a lot of energy using it. Once you get the hang of it though, you'll feel less tired. We'll certainly have to figure out some way to control your ability though because that got scary quick!" Corr would need to do some thinking to try and remember if she had ever knew of this ability before. Perhaps she'd have to meditate on it for some better memory recall.

"I'm not sure what pink magic does as magic has never presented itself in this manner before… it's very interesting."

The girl suggested she give it a try and, for a moment, she considered it. There was that bit of curiosity now at what sort of ability she had gained, but if it was the same kind, Corr would rather be in a safer environment to do any experimenting. Plus, the longer they stood here, the more the wind was picking up and Syrinx looked exhausted.

"We'll figure out my powers another time. I think it would be best if we got you to a den and rest up. It'll be quite a walk out of here so we'll need to preserve our energy."

"Yes, please, let's get out of here. I'm tired of being covered in filth."
Corr looked up at the bird, grumbling. "Oh please, when aren't you dirty? I'm always having to give you a bath because you can't take care of yourself!"

She shook her head, suppressing a laugh and looking back at Syrinx. "Plus, I think Hāsta here is getting antsy."

"Speaking."

@Syrinx

Syrinx legitamately did not have that great of an answer for her friend, even as she pondered. What had she done? Thinking over it she wondered if it was just when she had gone down to touch that weird feeling inside? That might have been it. She wanted to at least give some sort of answer to Corrdelia and after a few moments, she figured out what to say. Not that she knew the technical jargon for what she was about to say, so hopefully the other female would understand.  “Well, I just tried to reach down inside myself and feel where the weird tingling was. The thing that happened after I touched the pink ball, it tingled and then I looked for something similar within myself. When I touched that, well that's when it happened. I wasn't really thinking of anything in particular, maybe . .  . ooo! Do you think that I can do that for my whole entire body?” 

Corrdelia seemed to think the exhaustion was because it was new to her. Nodding, she agreed with that assessment. It made sense, and honestly, she couldn't really remember the time back then when she'd been young and first learning her magic. That had been such a long time ago and well, a much different environment. The other female did not seem to want to try anything of her own, likely because of how startling Syrinx's transformation had been. She nodded, though, understanding.  "Makes sense. You know, maybe just one magic attempt a day then, and well if you're tired as well, we might not make it if something else weird happens!"

She noted that the other then spoke to the bird on top of her head and she tilted her head at that notion, even as they continued to walk out of the area. Huh, that actually was a pretty good point.  Syrinx couldn't vouch for the cleanliness or not of the bird, but she knew she wasn't very clean herself. "You know though, speaking of which, maybe we should find a stream or something once we get out of here. I mean here seems like a bad place to clean one's self off, but maybe we get further south into those tree areas I thought I saw, there should be maybe a pond or something? I'm not much a fan of all of this." Syrinx gestured around to her dusty fur, the long tresses of her tail quite discolored, even because of it. She honestly hadn't even seen a water source since she'd gotten to this strange place. Looking ahead, she padded forwards, hoping they'd see one soon. She imagined it wouldn't be too terribly long until they got out of this unfortunate place. 

~ Fin ~

"Speaking."

JUMP: