Home
user cp
market
compendium

lurking: 1 Guest(s)
1278yo Male, Short & Thin equine 4 posts 0 Honor 91 ☪ Nikkayla
vyvyan idyll
i am diseased and ungrateful
Their world was opened again. They walked about the skin of the earth, along the edges of the Rift and into the world beyond. Yet there he did not go, having no desire to see the very reason he was no longer able to open his wings and ride upon the winds, to travel and see the world from so high above – and it was all gone. It felt like an injustice, and in truth he held this against those who had thirsted for strength above their wellbeing, and he who had been left in their wake – left behind, refusing their might and suffering for it until he had no choice.

Vyvyan still regretted it, making that decision that led to him being drafted into their war. He’d been a part of it, been there and in the wrong place, cornered by wolves and hampered in by equines, when the Rift had torn their world asunder. The Idyll had been pushed backwards, feeling although he had been blown apart and his magic torn from him violently. He despaired for such a long time, covered in rubble and buried like others. He’d heard them dying, the sounds of pain and terror until it had only been silence.

Nightmares and violence plagued the fitful sleep he had there… and when he had moved, waking and rising he had staggered to the closest water and fallen into it, taking mouthfuls whenever he could. Days had passed, and then a year and while his stature had returned to strength, Vyvyan moved with a slight hesitation in his right shoulder, his right eye visionless.

And on that afternoon he had his right wing strapped up and held at his side. It had been a bad few days, unable to flex the joints and therefore unable to fold it at his side. He had come to the forest and below the low hanging boughs of a large tree. Here he was a faint light in the heavy shadow of the forest – and here he remained, feeling sore and unsure of where to go.

The world was quiet here.
---
HTML from Mia - Image by Nikkayla

875yo Male, Short & Thin Canine 21 posts 0 Honor 1 ☪ Scamander

Night had fallen as a spell from on high, a mysterious incantation of light and darkness, beautiful in its own way, revealing nothing of its truth until one had made the effort to peer into its depths. The land unfurled in a scattered disarray, its surface broken and scarred, the edges healed yet remained forever a reminder of the terror wrongful greed could instill upon the innocent. The paths he had known for eons had changed, wiped clean by Rift that had torn away the Ouranians home from them, a penance for their war. Time had stabilized the world, and as the air ran clear, and the stars once more began to cast their solemn light upon the land, so did Aulë let his paws touch the tortured earth once more. Perhaps, the magic that had grown cold and wary within his chest had aided in the healing, the very thing that had bestowed the blessing revoking its generosity in a bid to save itself. Here, in his journey from the familiarity of the Leviathan, the Eldar could not find a smells he had always known to exist in these hills, the fauna new and foreign, the depths of the forests falling away to the loneliness of open meadows. 

Yet, there were some places that had persisted the ruin of the land, places that had inked the map of earth and water as unique and immortal. The dark horizon had beckoned to him, the gnarled trunks rising as pillars amongst a cathedral, crowned in a canopy of glory, black and everdent, the leaves painted with cobalt filigree, cupping the shine of stars within their grasp. Eden had retained its legend, forbidden just as it was a promise of all that was perfect and wonderful. For a moment, he gazed upon her, breathing in the perfume of the tempered titans, a musk of wild things, before daring to venture forth. It was in many ways, like coming home, but another part of Ourania that had survived, changed as she was. 

Nothing had remained the same.

Shadow enveloped everything, but the star lingered as a beacon, refracting celestial colors amongst the polished bark and underside of twined branches. This night, his brethren had fed into the mortal cloak that laid heavy upon his being, trapping the nebula as fine mist, his shoulders and graceful spine kissed by the veil. Each step was quiet, his limbs dancing amongst the wild undergrowth, accompanied by curious lanternbeetles, enraptured by the stars entangled amongst his tail.

Yet, he was not the only light to be had, the great trunks breaking through a silver mist, the air alive and vibrant, containing a alluring cyan hue. All held a serene stillness, the cords of the forest silent, Aulë face blushed violet as blue and purple intertwined. Drifting amongst the cerulean ferns, he chanced a glimpse betwix the trees, only to find the origin not a theatre open to the sky above, but a man, his body shining as a deep pool embraced by alabaster sands. "I did not expect to find company here in this lonesome place." His voice hung as a sigh, quiet amongst shadow, even as he stepped around the sloping wood, a trail of stardust amongst the black earth.

vyvyan idyll
It seemed his solitude wasn’t to be long lived. Unsure whether to be pleased or not by the interruption, and by a canine no less, Vyvyan was on edge immediately. Yet when the wolf slid close and shimmered like the spirit light that danced across the sky, the lights that had shone since the days of the Old Gods, he calmed. The words spoken had no hostility, and so the maimed Pegasus found himself settling his bones. His right eye saw nothing, as he titled his head so his left could watch the stranger.

“Nor did I,” he responded in a quiet voice, that barely seemed to break the air as he spoke. It was strange to speak with a canine who did not wish him death, but then Vyvyan had separated himself from reality for quite some time. He hadn’t wanted to be disturbed but now he was, he remembered how it was to truly be calm and collected around others. He missed that feeling, the want of having others close, but it was long gone, and along with all his family and those he’d called friend.

“What drew you to the forest?” He inquired. Vyvyan inhaled deep, pulling the scent of earth and plant in to flood his senses, invigorating himself. Shifting in place, his damaged wing supported by the bandages around his body, he watched the wolf with a calm gaze.

He wondered if they had been in the war – or if they were even of this world at all. He couldn’t tell newcomers from the outcasts of Ourania – too long had passed since those days.

@Aulë
---

875yo Male, Short & Thin Canine 21 posts 0 Honor 1 ☪ Scamander

There were so few precious moments such as this, where the silence gave way with the gentlest of caresses, held deeply and yet, knowing it could not remain. Far too often Aulë had found his reverie snatched from his grasp cruelly, suddenly, with so little warning the inturruption felt more like a open sore then any surprise. He mourned the days when the world was simpler, when the children of the land hadn't quite come to desire more then the beauty of their world, and a sense of presence that didn't make them feel so terribly helpless. The sense of absolute lonliness was not so crushing then, his despair in the raw truth a phantom pain he could ignore if he but kept moving forward. Perhaps he had been truly naive then, so long ago, when the stars had yet been young, and the world more so. Time had turned knowledge to wisdom, the careful convections in the sand drawing beautiful mandala's, tapestries of history and reality. Wise he may be, yet, even now, even as he flinched at the agony of the earth beneath his feet, the Eldar dared hope.

The great creature possessed a weight to his spirit, an age that had weathered the endless storms, only growing more and more heavy with time. Immortality may have been the blessing of the Gods of Olde to those they claimed beloved, but a greater part of Aulë wandered, if they were truly meant to be so. To know not the peace of a true slumber. Stars burned with a flame unmatched, one of countless lanterns amidst the darkness, guardians of the night, holders of wishes and dreams, and primordial watchers of creation. But even they knew of death, embraced it when the time came. Stars fell and rose like whisps of sparks from the wick of a candle. Inevitable. What would become of a soul that never died, that never could rest, forever to wander? Perhaps the equus could never muster the strength to care of his forthcoming, or perhaps, he could remember a time when Wolf and Equine were not so different.

"Inquisitiveness I suppose. I remember this place... from before the Rift. Part of me wished to see what had become of it, hope that it had endured the devestation." His feet touched the ground quietly, gently, casting his lilac eyes with a deep fondness upon the tranquil realm. It was a place where the gentle darkness precided, never quite falling into the dominion of the sun, never quite one of the night either. Like mirrors peering around corners, there was always a veil of light, soft and whimsicial, stealing away the claustrophobia of its deep canopies. "It seems much of the land has remained untouched, or maybe it has merely healed itself." He was happy, so very joyous that Ourania was not beyond his grasp, beyond anyone who had once called it home. He knew each day, more would come from the unknown, returning to familiar halls and trying to pick up what remained of their lives. Like a bird caught in high winds, many were homeless and without any true plan. It would take time for many to overcome the grief and rage. So many had perished, far too many for any to truly rejoice. "And you? It seems such a great journey, to come merely to be alone."

vyvyan idyll
He couldn’t remember a time what it was like to be young and to have moments of being carefree. Stories had been woven, told over the years, of how youth came to learn and how once youth was lost, it was hard to get back. The war had obliterated his memories of it, the moment that he had been caught in the tearing of the Rift and he had been cast into limbo, waiting for death to take him.

And death had never come. When he had managed to find his way up again, the world was quiet. Ash covered so much, littering every rock and plant and choking the world, and the Rift itself had been a gaping maw that he felt sure would have eaten him, had he given it a chance. Wandering aimless had become the new norm for him for sometime, and Ourania had welcomed him home even if it no longer felt like a true home.

Nothing had felt like it, until this forest, until now. In his present company, a canine of startling brilliance who appeared to be made of starlight and of the spirit light that danced overhead from time to time, who had come here for the same reason he had. It was his words that he heard and that made his eyes open to the mystery of the forest – the realm somehow untouched by the war, showing little sign of the violence.

Vyvyan didn’t even remember where he came from, he realised, as he came to believe that Eden was the closest to where he had been living.

“I prefer to believe it was untouched, a piece of the old world that couldn’t be destroyed, not even by their might. How it was before they killed the Gods,” he spoke, reverent in his faith to those who had given him everything that had made him happy once. He closed his eyes.

“I wanted to see if coming here, finding this forest, would restore what I lost. I believed it would – I believed maybe the old Gods were hiding here, but it was just hope that led me astray and now I am without purpose again,” he says, opening his eyes and looking to his company.

“Why has Ourania welcomed us back?” He asked in a quiet voice.

@Aulë
---

JUMP: